All Children can be Authors!
"If I can be an author, you can be an author!"
That's what I tell children when encouraging the idea of publishing a book! As a childcare professional, I am inspired by the creativity and ideas of children. All children can be authors with proper guidance, support, and assurance. It would be an honor for me to serve the children in your classroom or facility. By working with your children, and within an agreeable amount of time, we will publish a book together and they will learn valuable lessons along the way!
This book project will be:
- Based on the children's thoughts, ideas, and dreams.
- Appropriate for the children in your classroom.
A cooperative effort.
Building literacy one child at a time and one story at a time.
Ideas for writing begins with the children’s thoughts, dreams, and interest.
From home-made book to real publishing, there is a program to fit your time constraints and budget.
Funding is possible!
From A to Z, Sue James has the process down and makes publishing books possible for children!
Create a Book
The rewards and lessons:
- Individual Learning Styles
- Cooperative Learning
- Integration of Technology
- Meets State Learning Standards
- Multiple Learning Opportunities
- Peer Assessment
- Instructional Scaffolding
- Unforgettable Childhood Experience
- What is the duration of the project?
- Will you allow regular visits to keep momentum?
- Can your children work in committees?
- Can I reach out to the community for fund-raising?
- Do your children have access to a computer or computers for editing and illustration?
- Remember, we will start small. But we will dream big!
Previous Success Stories
Watch Our GoFundMe Video
We raised $1,000 for our book, The Story of Sister Sun and Sister Moon!
My Bumblebee and Me in the Media!
Our story, My Bumblebee and Me, was featured in the local newspapers!
The Catoctin Banner:
Waynesboro Woman Works with Children to Develop Children's Book
The Record Herald:
Sue James' Book Inspired by Children, Bumblebees